Your polymer clay jewelry is a one-of-a-kind piece of wearable art. Understanding how to clean and store your treasured polymer clay jewelry will keep your piece in top condition. Here are 6 tips to help you keep your jewelry clean and properly stored.
1. Remove jewelry before activities that involve moisture like bathing, cleaning, gardening, swimming and sports activities, at the gym, and at the spa. Water, sweat, and steam can damage jewelry. Metal parts exposed to moisture tend to tarnish more quickly.
2. When dressing, let lotions, makeup, and perfumes dry before putting on your jewelry.
3. Avoid wearing your jewelry while sleeping. Jewelry findings can catch on your sheets and blankets, and chains and pendants can stretch and break.
4. Polymer clay jewelry can be cleaned with a mixture of water and a drop or two of liquid dish soap. Use a soft cloth or Q-tip dipped in this solution to gently clean your piece, rinse and gently dry.
5. To restore shine on your polymer clay jewelry, buff with lint-free cloth.
6. Store your jewelry in a cool, dry place away from prolonged sunlight and heat. All of my jewelry comes with a soft satin pouch that is ideal for storing your pieces.